After your skill has reached 100 in the World of Warcraft game, you can now start gathering Iron Ores.
To gather Iron Ores, you will need to choose from these three locations.
- Feralas (367) – to get here as an Alliance member, you will need to travel to Desolace. Proceed to the Twin Colossals and go to Feathermoon Stronghold. As a Horde, you will need to travel to Desolace and follow the road all the way to Camp Mojache.
- Western Plaguelands (196) – there are three main originating points for you to travel from; this is considered as a very accessible location. These are the following:
- Tirisfal Glades
- Alterac Mountains
- Eastern Plaguelands (186) – as an alternative to the Western Plaguelands, gamers can access this location in the World of Warcraft game through three points:
- Western Plaguelands
The advantage of getting Iron Ores from these locations is that they also contain some Gold veins which are a rare type of ore that is valuable in the World of Warcraft.
Take note that these locations do not contain caves that is worth an effort to explore in so don’t waste your time travelling to one of the caves if your goal is to gather a lot of iron in the game.
Western Plaguelands is very straight forward as you only need to follow the edge of the mountains and you should be able to find tonnes of iron veins.
The mining route for Eastern Plaguelands isn’t as simple as Western Plaguelands but you will find a decent amount of iron veins here.
In Feralas, you just need to hug the mountains with just a few places you need to cut out as it is not worth going to. Follow the route and don’t go to the little island. Simple, fast and tonnes of iron ores.
- Your mining skill is at least 150 to farm effectively
- You have learnt Expert Miner
Before moving on to the next zone.